YFDAI Updates its 2021 Roadmap after a Busy First Half of the Year
After achieving a lot of milestones in the first half of the year, we have decided to update our roadmap based on a deep internal review that we have completed alongside the new business and tech additions that we’ve added to the project team. As always, we’re committed to ensuring that the YFDAI mission stays at the root of everything that we do — to democratize finance and serve as a catalyst for mass adoption of the next generation of financial products.
Staying true to our transparency ethos, this is the first time we have ever provided such a deep look into what we are planning and why it matters. As we further expand our DAO governance structure, we are set to get YFDAI stakeholders more and more involved in critical project decisions that come in result of our current service offering as well as the plans provided for the road ahead.
Why Are we Doing This?
YFDAI is focused on delivering a safe, transparent and secure DeFi ecosystem for our community. It is our intention to set a benchmark for the wider DeFi industry by leading with the thoughtful delivery of products and services that address a wider range of needs and requirements. In order to achieve this, we have committed to spending a significant amount of time reviewing our roadmap and future plans in order to better meet these needs and requirements. In the spirit of transparency, we are sharing the results of this review in the form of our optimized and updated roadmap.
Our roadmap review and planning for 2021 has focused on bringing clarity in a number of areas including overall impact, resource planning, speed of delivery, urgency, market fit and perceived value. We are sharing both the roadmap and how we arrived at our conclusions for two very important reasons.
- Transparency — We want our community and wider users to see, agree, understand and open an ongoing dialogue around what we are building, improving and focusing on. We believe this openness and involvement will add a huge amount of value. As part of this our community will also be aware of any roadblocks and issues we face as part of this process.
- Governance — The DAO is an important part of YFDAI and the importance of the input and consensus formed around our roadmap cannot be overstated.
What is the YFDAI Roadmap?
The YFDAI roadmap will outline the top level features and products which we are working on. We will break this down beyond the product or feature into outcomes and benefits as well as sharing key targets and ultimately when we expect these things to happen.
As with any active project there will undoubtedly be complications which will need to be resolved and, in some cases, the roadmap may need to be adjusted both internally and externally. We may be ahead of schedule or we may be facing issues beyond our control. In either case we are committed to providing regular updates.
Our Product Development Lifecycle
Our product lifecycle management follows an outcome-based approach when it comes to defining priorities, while fully embracing the concepts of continuously delivering value to our community.
Every new product development is structured around 3 main phases, each varying in length, complexity and human capital allocation based on the ultimate outcome we are optimizing for:
- Product Discovery: A user-centric, experiment-driven, and collaborative product management framework that helps us discover the product that supports our project’s mission and community needs, while identifying the key technical and user experience requirements.
- Product Versioning: An effective product planning framework to allow us to continuously iterate on our product releases, so to constantly improve both the user experience and the business value delivered to our community.
- Product Delivery: A robust and scalable product implementation structure that our community can depend on for consistency, accessibility and availability in accessing our product solutions and the value they generate.
Rest of 2021 Roadmap
Does the YFDAI Roadmap Show Everything?
The roadmap was never intended to be a micro view of YFDAI so for the sake of convenience we will focus on a macro perspective. There will always be volumes of daily and ongoing work that will collectively have an impact on the roadmap but does not directly relate to the macro view, so for the purpose of this outline we will focus on the following key criteria:
- The product or feature will make a meaningful impact on our stated mission and goals.
- The product or feature will have a direct impact on our community.
- The product or feature will create wider opportunities for adoption.
We always strive to be as open and transparent with our growing YFDAI community and believe that delivering great products and services that deliver long-term value will always shine bright no matter the greater economic conditions of the DeFi industry as a whole.
SSGT Staking — https://dashboard.yfdai.finance/Dashboard
Website — https://yfdai.finance
Discord — https://discord.gg/S3GRXRC
Bitcointalk — https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5295276.new#new
Reddit — https://www.reddit.com/r/YFDAI/